The rumors were true — duh! After not-so-subtly hinting at a collaboration earlier this week, Justin Bieber and his true No. 1 fan, Billie Eilish, have come through with their first (and hopefully not last) musical alliance.
On Thursday (July 11), Eilish surprise-released a new version of her viral hit "bad guy" that features a heavily Autotuned new verse from JB. "Yeah, I'm a bad guy / Ain't no holdin' back guy / Come off like a mad guy / Always got your back guy," he sings, after a few bars dedicated to flaunting his "icy" wealth. The rest of the song remains mostly untouched, though Bieber does contribute some scattered ad-libs throughout.
The best part of this star-powered collab, though, is the photo that accompanies the release: it's a throwback pic of Billie wearing a shockingly sparkly dance costume, in front of a wall plastered with Bieber posters. Take a better look at the pic below, which both pop stars posted on Instagram.
Interestingly, Eilish's new star-powered remix could come just in time to block Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" from making history on the Billboard charts. "bad guy" currently sits at the No. 2 spot on the Hot 100, and a buzzy Bieber assist could be the push Eilish needs to get it on top. Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus's behemoth hit, meanwhile, has logged its 14th week atop the chart, and is just two weeks away from tying the all-time record.
No matter what happens with the Bill-ieber team-up, though, consider this a win for both JB fans — who are hungry for new material from their fave — and Eilish herself, who's clearly come so far since those days spent merely gazing at Justin on a wall. A true glow-up.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023