WireImage for amfAR
The movie, titled Happiest Season, is the story of a woman with big plans to propose to her girlfriend at her family's annual holiday party — until she finds out that said girlfriend's conservative family doesn't yet know she's gay.
Like any great rom-com, this story is ripe for tender moments interrupted by all the laughs, dramatic twists, and passionate, can't-live-without-you realizations that we've come to expect from flicks in the genre — but with a solid queer offering that's long overdue for an appearance on the big screen. (It wasn't until earlier this year that Love, Simon hit theaters and gave audiences the first mainstream gay coming-of-age movie.)
Fortunately, change is slowly but surely happening. DuVall also co-wrote the Happiest Season script alongside her writing partner, Mary Holland, so we can rest assured that this comedic work will have representation seeped throughout its many layers of production, already making it a win for the LGBTQ community and society as a whole.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023