Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images
Exactly one year ago today (September 14), the world was introduced to an idiom so ludicrous it was impossible not to love: “Cake By the Ocean.” That, of course, is the title of DNCE’s debut single, which launched the Joe Jonas–fronted band into pop-dominating territory.
To celebrate that one-year milestone, DNCE have now given fans the exciting announcement they’ve been waiting for: “We’re releasing a fucking album!” Jonas, Cole Whittle, JinJoo Lee, and Jack Lawless broke the news with a fun homemade video in which they introduce themselves as your “new favorite band.” No, that’s not just a pretentious claim — remember, these are your VMA Best New Artist winners.
The key takeaways? The album is self-titled and it’ll arrive November 18. We'll let Joe and Co. take it from here:
That vid offers a fleeting glimpse of the album's cover art, which is definitely worth a closer look. It's quite the ~classy~ portrait, eh?
DNCE follows the band’s four-track debut EP, SWAAY, which arrived last October and featured “Cake” as well as sophomore single “Toothbrush.” The funk-pop quartet have kept busy since then, performing in the Emmy-nominated Grease Live! and opening for Selena Gomez on her Revival Tour. We’re psyched to hear plenty more from these guys and girl very soon.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023