The self-directed visual picks up where “Frequency” left off, with Cudi and his reflective shades grooving through a psychedelic dance party. This time, he’s joined by a slew of famous pals, including A$AP Rocky, Jaden and Willow Smith, Chip tha Ripper, and Hit-Boy, all of whom share Cudi’s affinity for smoke machines and neon mood lighting. Of course, no hazy rave is complete without a soundtrack, and the Pharrell-produced “Surfin’” instantly sets the tone with that carefree hook: “I ain’t ridin’ no waves / Too busy makin’ my own waves, baby.”
Cudi’s new video comes in the wake of a mounting load of drama for the Cleveland MC. Early this month, he checked into rehab for depression and suicidal urges, and he recently reignited his beef with Drake. As we learned over the weekend, Cudi’s pal and staunch supporter Kanye West had a hand in creating Drake’s dis track, and Lupe Fiasco inserted himself into the drama by going off against Cudder.
Yep, things are pretty hectic right now, but at least Cudi seems to be on a positive wave. It’s still unclear when his new album, Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin’, will finally drop, but “Surfin’” has just the right vibe to continue building hype.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023