Now hear this: This month, MTV News is unveiling the MTV Podcast Network, a constellation of new shows about music, pop culture, and politics. Today, we’re proud to present the first episode of our chief film critic's new show, "Skillset with Amy Nicholson."
On "Skillset," every guest is an expert. And in every episode, these experts will teach us new ways to look at the movies. We're going to meet the behind-the-scenes specialists who make movie magic, from cat trainers to shark-attack consultants to authorities on ‘80s underwear. We're going to send real-life punk singers and barbers to movies about punk singers and barbers to learn the facts behind the fiction. And each week, we'll ask our favorite actors about the obsessions that have shaped them.
In Episode 1, jazz trumpeter Ambrose Akinmusire judges Don Cheadle’s horn-blowing in the new Miles Davis biopic Miles Ahead. Hair stylist Linda D. Flowers — the inventor of Katniss’s braid! — explains Melissa McCarthy’s slick makeover in The Boss and the difference between a haircut and a Boss Haircut. Finally, Hardcore Henry star Sharlto Copley opens up about how Robin Williams affected his career all the way across the world as a young kid in Apartheid-era South Africa.
Join us! Check out "Skillset" below or find us on SoundCloud.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023