NEW YORK -- Ryan Gosling may have an Oscar nomination to his name, but the leading man didn't have to strain his acting muscles too much to portray a man enamored of Emma Stone in the upcoming romantic comedy, "Crazy, Stupid, Love."
When we caught up with the 30-year-old at the movie's New York premiere Tuesday night, he was more than happy to dole out accolades for his co-star. "She's everything, all the time," he said. "There's no one like her. As soon as she signed on for this movie, I knew it was going to be good."
In the film, which hits theaters July 29, Gosling plays lothario Jacob, a love-averse playboy who takes Steve Carell's Cal under his wing to teach him the ways of a skilled pickup artist. Yet, in the end, Jacob himself unwittingly finds love with Stone's Hannah -- a role Gosling said was perfectly cast.
"The whole film depends on my character giving it all up for her," he said. "When she came in the room, it all made sense. Show me someone that wouldn't give it all up for Emma Stone, and I'll show you a liar."
The admiration, however, certainly wasn't one-sided. Stone, who stars alongside both Gosling and Justin Timberlake ("Friends With Benefits") this month, had a hard time wrapping her head around her collection of amazing co-stars.
"It's pretty wild, isn't it?" she said. "It's not too shabby. Those Mickey Mouse Clubbers, I'm going to take them by storm."
Check out everything we've got on "Crazy, Stupid, Love."
For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023