By Maurice Bobb
Everyone knows that Angelina Jolie is beautiful, but now, she’s officially been dubbed a dame.
For those not in the know, a dame is the female version of a knight and Friday (June 13) she was recognized for her humanitarian efforts and given the honorary royal title by Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II.
The Oscar-winning actress received the honor because of her work for combating sexual violence in war zones.
“To receive an honor related to foreign policy means a great deal to me, as it is what I wish to dedicate my working life to,” she said.
The “Maleficent” star was in London this week to co-host an international summit on sexual violence and was one of many recognized on the queen’s annual Birthday Honors List for services rendered in their community or national life.
Jolie, who pledged to scale back her movie roles to concentrate on her humanitarian work, is also a United Nations special envoy.
"Maleficent," which has grossed more than $350 million worldwide, is in theaters now.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023