When AC/DC hits the road next month, the band will have some major guitar-slinging support in the opening slot courtesy of former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.
The top-hatted guitar whiz and his outfit Slash's Snakepit have been tapped as the opening act for AC/DC's U.S. tour, which kicks off on August 1.
[article id="1437995"]"I can't wait, are you kidding me?"[/article] Slash said when asked about the tour. [article id="1437995"]"Just getting (our new) record done and having it come out, but then getting the chance to play with AC/DC, that's like one of my all-time favorite bands, so I'm really excited about it."[/article]
Despite his relentless playing both with Guns N' Roses and as a hired gun, Slash notes, [article id="1437995"]"I'm totally star-struck by this thing. I've seen them a million times, but I've never played with them. I've never even met them actually." [RealAudio][/article]
his band will be making the rounds in support of "Ain't Life Grand," an album that he first recorded for Interscope Records, but has since been wrestled back by the guitarist. "Ain't Life Grand" will now hit stores on October 10 courtesy of Koch Records.
Here's where you can catch AC/DC and Slash's Snakepit this summer:
- 8/1 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
- 8/3 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace Of Auburn Hills
- 8/4 - Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena
- 8/6 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
- 8/8 - Boston, MA @ FleetCenter
- 8/10 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 8/11 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 8/14 - Quebec City, QC @ Colisee Pepsi
- 8/15 - Montreal, QC @ Montreal Forum
- 8/19 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center
- 8/20 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center
- 8/22 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
- 8/24 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 8/25 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 8/27 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco