Remy Ma's [article id="1584248"]conviction on assault[/article] Thursday certainly was emotional. The Bronx rapper cried as the judge ordered her to be held in prison until her April 23 sentencing.
And now, Brooklyn rapper Papoose -- long-rumored to be her paramour -- has confirmed to MTV News that he and Remy are, in fact, a couple and had plans to marry next month.
Pap said the two are moving forward with their nuptials despite Ma's predicament and are making arrangements to marry in prison.
"We always wanted to keep our personal lives personal, so that's why we never went public with our relationship," he wrote in an e-mail to MTV News. "Right now, I just feel like she gotta live through me. Yes, we were scheduled to be married on a yacht April 27th. But due to circumstances beyond our control, we are now making arrangements to be married in prison."
The couple rebutted rumors earlier in the year when New York radio personality Egypt reported that the two would wed. The next day, Papoose told media outlets the reports were false. He shied away from the relationship question in spite of the affection he showed the former Terror Squad star in lyrics.
"Remy look good in person, just like she do in the magazines/ So I'mma stay close to Miss Martin like Dr. King," he spit on "Bonnie N Clyde," a mixtape collaboration between the two.
The pair also filmed an online video clip of them sparring when Papoose was embroiled in a lyrical slugfest with Remy Ma's former mentor, Fat Joe.
Earlier this week, in an interview with MTV News prior to Remy Ma's conviction, Papoose declined to comment on her pending case. He explained that the two were friends. With the recent turn of events, the rapper felt it was time to reveal their relationship.
Remy's charges stem from [article id="1564773"]an incident[/article] last July when the rapper and Makeda Barnes-Joseph argued after leaving a mutual acquaintance's birthday party. Remy Ma (real name: Reminisce Smith) alleged Barnes-Joseph stole several thousand dollars from her purse that night; Barnes-Joseph was shot after the two struggled in her car. Remy Ma fled the scene in an SUV but crashed nearby. Neither the money nor the weapon have been found.
Papoose closed his message by reiterating that Remy Ma would be appealing her case. He also asked for fans to write letters on her behalf, perhaps for a petition to the judge. Remy Ma is scheduled to be sentenced April 23.
"All her supporters who feel Remy had an influence on their life should write a short letter to the judge asking for the shortest sentence possible," he wrote. "Send it to LettersForRemy@gmail.com."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023