[artist id="2545682"]Drake[/artist] took a chance when he decided to perform on the [article id="1613926"]America's Most Wanted tour[/article] with an injured knee, and that chance turned out badly on Friday night, when he had a nasty fall and had to be helped offstage at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, New Jersey.
The up-and-coming rapper/singer tore his ACL several weeks ago and, up until just before the tour -- which also features Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Soulja Boy and others -- began, it was up in the air as to whether he would perform at all at all. However, he decided to take a risk and play a short set, coming onstage for three songs.
In footage of the fall on YouTube, Drake is seen walking past Lil Wayne (with whom he was performing) and suddenly slipping. Within seconds, stagehands help him up and assist the badly limping MC offstage.
Lil Wayne stops the track and jokes with the crowd about needing extra insurance for the tour. He asks the audience to make some noise for Drizzy, and then asks if any ladies in the house can do Drake's verse for him.
After his fall, Drake tweeted to Miss Info about the incident.
"We straight," he wrote. "Just to show that this ACL sh-- ain't a joke. Thanks for the support, and we'll be back ... Young moola."
"All is well...," he wrote later. "On the bus laying down... Getting surgery this week but I'm walking. Thank my whole YM family for the help. Lion Hearts!"
His DJ, Future, tweeted about the incident as well.
"When you love what you do, you take risks for the people that love what you do. He took the risk for the fans."
At press time, there was no official word on Drake's condition or when he might rejoin the tour, which continues at Jones Beach Theater in Wantagh, New York, on Saturday night (August 1).
Drake talked with MTV News about his injury during the [article id="1616997"]tour's kickoff last week.[/article]
"I didn't really get any approval from my doctor, but I made a personal decision 48 hours ago that I'd be letting a lot of people down if I didn't show up and at least show them I'm there for them," Drake said. "For the last two weeks, I've been really going hard, getting all types of acupuncture, trying to bring the swelling down. I'm walking around -- no cane. I'll put a brace on it tomorrow night. No one will probably even know I'm injured...I'm not doing my own set. That's one thing I have to apologize to my fans about. It's too much of a risk, if I hit that wrong turn [doing] 30 minutes every night. If I tear my ACL again, the doctors say I might not be able to walk again. I have to be cautious."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023