It's that time of year again, folks. The American Music Awards are coming back this Sunday, and I'm kind of losing my mind with anticipation over here wondering what everyone will wear on the red carpet. Will Lady Gaga ditch her plastic horse and bring Asia instead? Are we going to see another flawless pantsuit moment from Miley Cyrus, or get served some Jessica Rabbit realness from Ariana Grande? The speculation is KILLING me, guys.
Since the big show is still a few long, long days away, I think it's time we revisit one of the most iconic, memorable, and life-changing red carpet appearances that has ever gone down in AMA history (make that history in general): Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake's epic denim explosion at the 2001 AMAs.
Pardon me while I fetch a napkin since my #TBT cup runneth over with Canadian tuxedo nostalgia.
They're just so...so...what's the word I'm searching for? Oh, PERFECT. From the mismatched denim patchwork and the bling to Brit's bag and JT's cowboy hat (not to mention the overall sense of bleach blonde innocence and faux-purity pledges), the sheer level of early-Millenium slayage happening in this photo is almost enough to resurrect UFO pants and peasant tops (key word: almost).
Their mind-numbingly successful music careers aside, Britney and Justin left behind a powerful legacy once they made the fateful decision to strut their jean-clad selves down the AMA red carpet in 2001, and thanks to the genius of Katy Perry and Riff Raff, we got to relive their double-denim moment at this year's VMAs.
To say they nailed it would be the understatement of the year. They added a few more rhinestones and 86'd the cowboy hat, but looked every bit as fab as the original Prince and Princess of pop. Another bonus? Britney totally approved.
Although the chance of another famous twosome rolling up to the AMAs in matching denim is slim, a girl can dream. Do you think any couple will ever be able to top Britney and Justin's iconic look?
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023