The Recording Industry Association of Amercia (R.I.A.A.) has pulled the plug on several websites featuring the new Alanis Morissette single, "Uninvited." The song, from the soundtrack to "City of Angels," isn't due for release until March 31, but was leaked to radio on March 6. "Newsbytes," a computer industry news service, reports that fast-working fans in L.A., hearing the song on KROQ, taped the track and uploaded it onto their websites.
Several sites were involved, says "Newsbytes," including ones based in Los Angeles, London, England and Mexico City. The unauthorized material has now been removed, and in several cases, the whole site has been shut down. The action is part of a recent campaign by the R.I.A.A. to curb unauthorized reproductions of recordings on the Internet.
Meanwhile, Morissette spokesperson Amanda Cagan reports that Morissette is only halfway through the writing phase of her next record and will be in no position to tour this summer or fall as
reported by "Performance" magazine via Morissette's agent. Cagan says that Glen Ballard, who produced "Jagged Little Pill," is scheduled for production duties on the new album. Cagan also confirms that Morissette has been working with producer Rob Cavallo, but says their pairing was just for the sessions involving the soundtrack single.
Morissette has also reportedly contributed vocals to the new Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails album due out this fall according to the April issue of "Spin," and she also appears on a new Ringo Starr CD alongside Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler. They perform a rock version of Dobie Gray's "Drift Away," as well as a song called "Minefield.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023