If you watch "Game of Thrones," you know there's no shortage of romantic subplots for fans to fixate on. But when it comes to feverish speculation about love in the Seven Kingdoms, there's one couple that's more exciting, more interesting, and more inevitable than any other: Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.
It doesn't matter that they've never met, or that they're currently separated by several oceans and a giant wall of ice; Jon and Dany are clearly destined to find love, for obvious reasons. Here's why the Lord Commander and the Dragon Queen have gotta hook up before the series finale.
They share an enthusiasm for exotic pet ownership.
Common interests are key!
They also share a lack of enthusiasm for ever changing their clothes.
On the next episode of "What Not To Wear in Westeros": Jon Snow's ratty fur and Daenerys's breeches-and-tunic combo both get thrown on a bonfire, finally.
They both occupy important leadership positions for which they may or may not be qualified.
They both come from families with a certain legacy of meting out justice-by-violence.
Jon and Daenerys each have an amazing tolerance for extreme temperatures.
Albeit at opposite ends of the spectrum -- but hey, that means they can bicker over the thermostat setting just like every other long-term couple, ever.
They both know what it's like to lose someone you love... and for it to be, um, kind of all your fault.
Good luck finding someone else out there to whom you can say, "I was more or less directly responsible for the death of my spouse," and have them be like, "DUDE, me too!"
They both have complicated relationships with their siblings.
And without giving too much away, the popular consensus is that they have more in common than either one of them knows.
At this point, the theory known as R+L=J has been all but established as a sure thing -- and if fans are correct, the bond between Jon and Daenerys is made of something thicker than ice or fire.
Speaking of which, let's be honest: George R.R. Martin's saga might as well be called "A Song of SPOILER and SPOILER."
We don't even know why we're being coy about this. Ice and fire? GEE, WHERE EVER COULD THIS BE GOING.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023