The day has finally come: It's been 10 long years since the now-legendary teen movie "Mean Girls" hit theaters. Instead of sitting here feeling old while wearing our pink shirts (it is Wednesday, after all), let's look at the bright side of our elder status.
We're wiser now. We can still recite the movie, word for word (literally), but our conversational references have remained the same for all these years. We're still booing people and calling them whores? Sure, but broaden your mind. Let's (metaphorically) make fetch happen. Together.
Below, check out the 33 quotes that we've ranked in order of underuse, then be glad you don't have man shoulders. At least you can wear halters.
33. "On Wednesdays we wear pink."
Let it go. It had its time. Now let it go.
31/32. "That's so fetch."/"Stop trying to make fetch happen."
It's kind of happening.
30. "Is butter a carb?"
Yes, it is.
29. "Boo, you whore."
You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it OK for guys to call you sluts and whores.
28. "I want my pink shirt back!"
OMG, take it.
27. "She doesn't even go here."
By now, she kind of does.
26. "You go, Glen Coco."
25. "I can't help that I've got a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina."
Slow your roll.
24. "Get in, loser. We're going shopping."
Been there, shopped that.
23. "I'm a mouse, duh."
Get with it.
22. "Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?"
No Muffin Left Unbuttered: The Jason the Skeeze Story.
21. "Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die."
Good advice never gets old.
20. "It's like I have ESPN or something."
19. "That's why her hair is so big: It's full of secrets."
18. "It's not my fault you're, like, in love with me or something!"
Can't help falling in love with you.
17. "Did you drink awesome shooters?"
Well, did you?
16. "I can't help it that I'm so popular."
It's a blessing and a curse.
15. "You can't just ask someone why they're white."
14. "Your mom's chest hair."
The fabric of our lives.
13. "She asked me how to spell orange."
The yardstick for intelligence.
12. "So you agree. You think you're really pretty."
11. "Now I guess she's on crack."
Say crack again.
10. "The limit does not exist."
Math is the same in every language. Deep.
9. "She's a life ruiner. She ruins people's lives."
Worth saying twice.
8. "I can't go to Taco Bell, I'm on an all-carb diet."
Heed the call of the Bell.
7. "That vest was disgusting!"
6. "My nail beds suck."
They kind of do.
5. "She made out with a hot dog."
That was one time.
4. "I'm a cool mom."
Yeah, you are. But if you're gonna drink, I'd rather you do it in the house.
3. "You could try Sears."
We only carry sizes 1, 3 and 5.
2. "It's October 3rd."
A reference for every day of the year. Especially if you're rude.
Great and cool. And subtle.