Spoilers for "Paper Towns" past this point.
John Green has been candid about his decision to use the R-word in his novel "Paper Towns," and while that remains his biggest regret since the book's publication in 2008, the big screen adaptation of Green's coming-of-age prose has unearthed yet another regret: Angela.
In the novel, Radar's girlfriend Angela is a relatively minor character. However, in the Jake Schreier-directed film adaptation, which hits theaters later this week, Angela (Jaz Sinclair) is given a much more expanded role. In fact, she even joins Q, Ben, Radar and Lacey on their road trip to Agloe.
"Angela was way better [in the movie]," Green told MTV News at a press day ahead of the film's release. "Angela is awesome in the movie. I missed a real opportunity in the book. As soon as Angela was on the road trip, I was like, 'Why didn't I do this?'"
"The main thing for me was how do we capture the themes of the novel?" Green added. "How do we get to this idea that it's incredibly difficult to escape the prison of one's own consciousness and to imagine what it's like to be someone else, but it's also this huge responsibility that we have."
"Paper Towns" hits theaters on July 24.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023