A new video on The Chainsmokers' Snapchat shows them sharing the good news with Halsey while she chills on the set of the song's forthcoming music video. "Shut the fuck up!" she screams before everyone celebrates with a solid round of hugs.
"Closer" also just jumped to the top of the Billboard Hot 100, edging out Sia's first No. 1 hit, "Cheap Thrills."
Interestingly enough, the EDM duo have quietly shared their success with another unexpected collaborator: the rock band The Fray, who now have a retroactive songwriting credit on "Closer." The main synth line on "Closer" sounds a whole lot like the piano line on The Fray's 2005 hit "Over My Head (Cable Car)," so to avoid being sued like Ed Sheeran or Demi Lovato, The Chainsmokers just went ahead and gave them credit for the riff.
The Fray's guitarist Joe King acknowledged the nod on Instagram last week, writing that he was "thrilled to be a part of the #1 song in the country right now."
I guess you never know when a tiny part of your guitar-rock song will go platinum via an EDM hit 11 years later.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023