Getty Images Entertainment

Suge Knight Will Stay Behind Bars, Could Face A Lot More Charges

Knight was apparently upset that he's in the new N.W.A. biopic.

Former Death Row Records boss Marion "Suge" Knight will have to stay locked up for the next six weeks while prosecutors prepare a murder case against him in connection with a January 29 hit-and-run incident. The worse news for Knight is that prosecutors also say they might add a number of new charges to a list that already includes murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run.

Knight, 49, will not be back in court until March 20, but according to an Associated Press report, the decision to keep the former music mogul locked up came at a bail hearing on Monday in which more details were revealed about the illness that sent him to the hospital last week after he pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Attorney David Kenner said Knight passed out and had "serious" breathing problems after his arraignment, but did not specify what was ailing the Death Row co-founder. Initial reports pegged the problem as a "panic attack." Superior Court Judge Richard Ocampo also denied a request to allow Knight to be evaluated by his personal physician.

Knight's $2.2 million bail was revoked last week after officials cited a "possible flight risk, three-strike candidate, possible witness intimidation issues and his criminal past," as reasons for keeping him behind bars. Prosecutors claim that after an argument that began on the set of a promotional shoot for the N.W.A. "Straight Outta Compton" biopic, Knight ran over two men, killing one and injuring the other.

At the time of his arrest, lawyer James E. Blatt said his client was trying to a escape attackers when he accidentally struck the two men with his truck. The bail review hearing was put off until mid-March to allow prosecutors to gather evidence for what Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Barnes said could be a "very large stack of uncharged crimes."

Though Barnes did not elaborate on what those additional charges might be, Kenner said he was not worried and planned to challenge any claims in court; Knight could be sentenced to life in prison if convicted.

TMZ reported on Tuesday (Feb. 10) that the confrontation on the set of the promotional shoot could have stemmed from the fact that Knight was upset that N.W.A. member Dr. Dre did not ask for permission to include Knight's likeness in the movie. Knight had reportedly come to the set to discuss the matter with Dre before the incident.