The former Death Row Records CEO, 49, was jailed last week for running over two men, killing one of them and injuring the other. If convicted, he could face up to life in prison, according to USA Today.
Hours before the charges were reported, Knight’s $2.2 million bail was revoked with officials calling the former mogul a potential “flight risk.”
Knight’s lawyer James E. Blatt has said his client was trying to a escape attackers when he accidentally struck the two men with his truck.
However, Sgt. Richard Biddle of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said that the incident looks like it was intentional, according to the Times.
While several people are still to be interviewed, Biddle added that “no one is coming forward to cooperate.”
TMZ has reported that the video that officials have of at least a portion of the incident “significantly strengthens the case" against Knight.
Knight is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday (February 3).