Last night at the CFDA Awards, Kim Kardashian was on hand to present the Media Award to Kevin Systrom, the CEO and co-creator of Instagram and to accompany her husband, who was tasked with introducing Pharrell, the recipient of the 2015 Fashion Icon Award. For such a special occasion, she wore a custom Proenza Schouler dress, which, apparently, was so hot, it caught on fire.
No, like, actually.
This morning, Kim shared a very ominous tweet, which gave a "S/O" to Pharrell and his wife Helen Lasichanh for putting out a fire...on her body. Considering the only feathers in this photo are on her shoulders, I thought, perhaps, there were more out of frame, which would be in closer proximity to any fire.
Um, nope—I was wrong. The only feathers on this dress are on the shoulder, so, like...how exactly did they catch on fire? Were there flamethrowers at the dinner? Was someone doing magic nearby? Was a flame-covered drone flying above guests? Did the feathers just spontaneously combust?? Did they actually jump on her?! There's a baby growing inside of her, after all—the logistics of all of this are very confusing.
Fortunately, in her Instagram caption, Kim elaborated, writing, "LOL After the awards at dinner the feathers of my dress caught on fire from a candle & they jumped on me to get it out!" Ah, a candle—of course. Whether or not they actually jumped on her or just, like, fanned her shoulders with a napkin is still unclear, but either way, she's safe and, thankfully, able to LOL about the whole thing.