Are you obsessed with the news? Are you passionate about youth culture and issues affecting your generation? Do you have a strong voice with something to say? Then we want you to be an MTV Campus Ambassador.
Since we launched our rad youth contributor platform, you’ve told us what it’s like to be transgender in 2016, an undocumented immigrant, and choosing to be sober as a college student. You’ve talked about growing up with social anxiety, moving across the country for a new job, and dating someone of a different religion. Through sharing your stories, you’ve created a powerful community of young voices. And now we’re ready to expand — all the way to your campus.
So what exactly does an MTV Campus Ambassador do?
• Writes at least one piece per month for our MTV Founders contributor platform
• Recruits smart, diverse young voices to write for the Founders platform
• Spreads the word about cool upcoming MTV projects, campaigns, and initiatives
• Updates your editor on campus-related news
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to share what's going on at your campus and issues affecting your peers. You will be the go-to expert.
• Participation in social media takeovers
• Being part of an elite community of young thought-leaders
• Having your voice amplified on a large platform reaching millions
• An opportunity to pitch and create editorial/video content
• Building upon your leadership, communication, and writing skills while working closely with the Founders editors
• MTV News Facebook Live opportunities
What are the requirements? You are:
• A college undergraduate
• Social media savvy
• A strong writer, communicator, and community-builder
• Passionate about your campus
• Attentive to detail
• A student with a deep understanding of campus culture
The deadline to apply to be an MTV Campus Ambassador is September 12, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Submit your application below.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
May the odds be ever in your favor,
By submitting any content to us, you agree to the User Content Submission Agreement, available here.