Looking forward to that "Chronicle" sequel? We are too — which is why we're sad to report that there's apparently some drama going on behind the scenes.
In an interview with The Playlist, filmmaker John Landis gave an update on the status of "Chronicle 2," which is written by his son and original "Chronicle" writer Max Landis. According to the director, things aren't exactly going well.
"He wrote a sequel, and it's amazing, and the studio read it and said, 'We want 'Chronicle' again,'" said the elder Landis. "And he said, 'No, this is the sequel, it's the evolution, and they said 'No, we want that movie again!' So it's difficult, we're dealing with a difficult business."
Max Landis seemingly confirmed his father's claims, writing on Twitter:
THANKS DAD REAL COOL.— Max Landis (@Uptomyknees) October 10, 2012
As for what the "evolution" of "Chronicle" might entail, perhaps we don't need to look much further than an interview with Landis from earlier this year, when he gave a hint at what the world is like now that the secret is out on super-powered individuals.
"The movie you saw ['Chronicle'] in the sequel, is a thing. That edited footage... is a thing," Landis said. "So it’s not like ‘we found this footage after this kids died’. You can’t deny cars being thrown in the air in Seattle. You saw all those helicopters. The world changed. That’s the end of 'Chronicle.' And things are going to be different now. They can’t possibly cover up what happened."
What do you make of the "Chronicle" sequel status? Let us know in the comments section below or hit us up on Twitter!