· You rarely get a chance to own some of U2's castoffs, but the band is selling a Jean-Michel Basquiat painting they collectively own, which has hung in their Dublin studio for nearly 20 years. Oh, and it'll cost you somewhere between $8 million and $12 million.
· While most people are trying to figure out what they're doing this weekend, My Morning Jacket already have their New Year's Eve plans locked up. The Louisville rippers will play a show at Madison Square Garden in New York billed as "An Evening With My Morning Jacket."
· As R. Kelly awaits the jury's verdict in his child-pornography trial, one of his associates, Henry "Uncle Henry Love" Vaughn, has sued Kels for allegedly stealing his "steppin' " dance moves.
· Apparently, we have Tila Tequila to thank for California legalizing gay marriage.
· You'd think that after conquering "American Idol" with his rock-tastic covers, winner David Cook would be focusing on showing off some original material. But on Thursday night, he busted out a cover of the Foo Fighters' "My Hero" on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno." Turns out he learned how to play guitar by listening to The Colour and the Shape.
· Former "Idol" finalist Vonzell Solomon's week just got worse. First she was busted for trying to bring an unloaded gun on a plane, now the Bank of New York is reportedly trying to foreclose on her Florida home.
· Today's Amy Winehouse update thankfully doesn't contain any of the following words: arrest, bribe, skin condition, drugs, video or disheveled. The diva was reportedly paid $2 million to perform Thursday night at the gala opening of an art gallery run by the girlfriend of a Russian billionaire.