Keep bumping into your ex? Wake up with a nasty hangover? Interviewing for jobs? Lonely Planet's new book, "How to Survive Anything: A Visual Guide to Laughing in the Face of Adversity" can help. The guide provides step-by-step illustrated instructions to overcome life's greatest obstacles -- everything from heartbreak to natural disasters.
Five excerpts from the book plus related videos are exclusively available below. Take a look and rest assured that you'll be well-prepared should you ever get stranded in the woods or locked outside your room naked.
Excerpts from How to Survive Anything: A Visual Guide to Laughing in the Face of Adversity. Illustrations by Rob Dobi. © Lonely Planet 2015.
1. How To Survive The First Week Of College
2. How To Survive Bumping Into Your Ex
3. How To Survive Small Talk
4. How To Survive A Hangover
5. How To Survive Locking Yourself Out Of Your Hotel Room Naked
6. How To Survive Getting Lost In The Woods
7. How To Survive A Bachelor(ette) Party
For more super-important life hacks, check out "How to Survive Anything: A Visual Guide to Laughing in the Face of Adversity."