It once had strings, but now, it's free — the "Avengers: Age of Ultron" trailer is upon us!
Although it was supposed to arrive next week, an early leak of the trailer forced Marvel's hand, gifting fans worldwide their first look at Earth's mightiest heroes' second adventure a few days earlier than scheduled. And hey, that works for us, because there is an unbelievable amount of awesome packed into the two-minute teaser.
Here's a closer look at all of the crazy, crazy things littered throughout the "Age of Ultron" trailer:
1. Let's start with a hero shot.
2. Because it looks like they won't be feeling heroic for too long.
3. Especially Banner.
4. Banner's having a hard time.
5. That's probably because of this guy.
6. Meet Ultron, appearing for the very first time, made out of Iron Man armor scrap heaps and other assorted collections of metallic... strings...
7. Eventually, Ultron will do some self-remodeling…
8. …and come out looking like this:
9. And because Ultron is insane, he's going to start building more Ultrons.
10. Like, lots more Ultrons.
11. And it appears he'll have help…
12. …in the form of two siblings.
13. First up is Quicksilver, who runs very fast:
14. And then there's Scarlet Witch, who… well, you'll see for yourself:
15. It's a lot for our guys to handle, especially Tony Stark, who feels responsible for creating Ultron:
16. Which is probably why he's going off on his own.
17. But not before putting on a new suit: The Hulkbuster armor.
18. With which he plans to kick the crap out of this guy:
19. Who you shouldn't feel too bad for, because it seems like he has a relationship with this woman:
20. Don't believe us? Check this out:
21. Hulk and Widow! Holding hands! And at Avengers Tower, they're standing right next to each other:
22. Are Hulk and Widow a thing? And who's that standing next to Thor? Better yet, who is this guy?
23. Andy Serkis! Still no idea who he's playing! And here's another crazy thing:
24. Ballet dancing! What? Why? And yet another crazy thing:
25. Nick Fury, presumed dead to the world at large, still lurking around Earth's mightiest heroes! And yet another crazy thing:
26. Captain America back in World War II! Flashbacks! It's happening! But here's the biggest Cap kicker of all:
27. Captain America's shield, cracked in half, with Cap's hand lifelessly nearby! No! Yes! BUT NO! It just goes to show...
…there are no strings on he.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" cuts free from the strings on May 1, 2015.