Now that we're well into October, it's just about time you start thinking about your Halloween costume.
It's never a bad idea to go topical -- you could be post-Amber Wiz Khalifa, you could be Taylor and Selena's hypothetical apartment, the possibilities are endless -- going with a costume based off one of the year's biggest movies is usually a safe bet.
People know who you are dressed as, generally, the current costumes are en vogue and easy to find, and, hey, maybe you'll absorb some of Jennifer Lawrence's awesomeness by proxy if you dress as her.
At least, that seems to be the thought on pop culture-savvy Halloweeners' minds, judging by the results of a survey of more than one thousand people conducted by Fandango. The ticket seller released their list of the top five movie character costumes for men and women today, and JLaw made the ladies' list twice, as both Katniss and Mystique. Well played, girl.
The lists are below.
1. Maleficent (Angelina Jolie in "Maleficent")
2. Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence in "Mockingjay: Part 1")
3. Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past")
4. Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier")
5. Gamora (Zoe Saldana in "Guardians of the Galaxy")
1. Groot (Voiced by Vin Diesel in "Guardians of the Galaxy")
2. Captain America (Chris Evans in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier")
3. Ninja Turtle ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles")
4. Star-Lord (Chris Pratt in "Guardians of the Galaxy")
5. Dracula/Vlad the Impaler (Luke Evans in "Dracula Untold")