Here's a kind of surprising thing about Disney: When you go to one of the Mouse House's theme parks, you're not allowed to dress in costume. That's right, Disney fanatics -- leave those swords and tunics at home.
It makes sense when you think about it -- Disney doesn't want regular parkgoers confused for official park castmembers -- but it's still kind of a bummer if you're a person who loves Disney and wants to sartorially express that love in the place where that love is geographically expressed.
As legend has it, blogger Leslie Kay was excited about an upcoming Disney trip and wanted to dress the part. Using characters' costumes for inspiration, she began to pull together outfits from her own closet that would nod to the films she so loved without veering into costume territory. Closet cosplay? We like it.
We've gathered 22 of our favorite DisneyBounding looks from around the web.
1. Ariel from "The Little Mermaid"
2. The White Rabbit from "Alice in Wonderland"
3. Ursula from "The Little Mermaid"
4. Vanessa (Ursula's human form) from "The Little Mermaid"
5. Peter Pan and Wendy from "Peter pan"
6. Belle from "Beauty and the Beast"
7. Snow White from "Snow White"
8. "The Great Mouse Detective"
9. Gaston from "Beauty and the Beast"
10. Elsa, Anna and Olaf from "Frozen"
11. Anna and Kristoff from "Frozen"
12. Piglet from "Winnie the Pooh"
13. Peter Pan from "Peter Pan"
14. Bernard and Bianca from "The Rescuers"
15. Prince Phillip and Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty"
16. Merida from "Brave"
17. Smee from "Peter Pan"
18. Mickey Mouse
19. Tiana from "The Princess and the Frog"
20. Mary Poppins from "Mary Poppins"
21. Jessie from "Toy Story 2"
22. Alice from "Alice in Wonderland"
What character would you DisneyBound as? How would you put your look together?