Being a mommy has clearly had a huge impact on Mariah Carey. All you have to do is look at the long, complicated title for her upcoming 14th album for proof.
After promising to drop a Beyoncé-style surprise release, MC spilled the beans on her long-in-the-works next one on Wednesday night, revealing the title as, Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse.
OK, first off, we know what you're thinking. Yes, Bey had an album called I Am Sasha Fierce. But before you get all worked up, Carey explained in a video that the first half of the title is based on an adorable drawing she did as a 3-year-old (which is on the back cover) and the second half is, well, her latest alter ego. Step aside, Mimi.
The album is due out on May 27 (surprise!) and she said in a video announcing the project that the drawing was her "first and only self-portrait." In addition to features from Miguel, Nas, Wale and Mary J. Blige, twins Moroccan and Monroe also have cameos on the song "Supernatural."
I Am Mariah track list:
4. "#Beautiful" (featuring Miguel)
6. "Make It Look Good"
7. "You're Mine (Eternal)"
8. "You Don't Know What To Do" (featuring Wale)
9. "Supernatural" (featuring Monroe and Moroccan)
12. "Money ($*/ ...)" (featuring Fabolous)
13. "One More Try"
14. "Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can't Give Up Now)"
15. "It's a Wrap" (featuring Mary J. Blige) [deluxe edition]
16. "Betcha Gon' Know" (featuring R. Kelly) [deluxe edition]
17. "The Art of Letting Go" [deluxe edition]
18. "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse"