Jonas Brothers Officially Break Up

'It was a unanimous decision,' Kevin and the guys open up on Tuesday (October 29).

The Jonas Brothers have made it official. They have confirmed that they are going their separate ways after they abruptly canceled their tour earlier this month.

The trio opened up about their decision to People. However, the breakup comes with a big caveat. They are not parting forever. “It’s over for now,” Kevin Jonas told the magazine with Joe adding, “It was a unanimous decision.”

According to People their decision to break up came after a October 3 meeting where Nick shared his concerns about the band and its future. “It’s really hard to say ‘forever.’ We’re closing a chapter, for sure,” he said in the issue. “I was feeling kind of trapped. I needed to share my heart with my brothers.”

The guys are expected to address more about the split in the issue which its newsstands Friday. They will also appear on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.

The trio canceled their fall tour on October 9, just two days before shows were slated to kick off. At the time they cited “a deep rift within the band” and “a big disagreement over their music direction” as the reasons for the split.

On October 17, the band shut down their official Twitter account . And while they had remained mostly silent in the wake of the tour cancellation, Nick and Joe did take to their individual Twitter accounts last week, but gave no hint of the band’s intentions.

“please hold while we get our sh– together,” Joe wrote, with Nick adding, “bear with us.”

The JoBros’ one-time tourmate, Bonnie McKee , opened up to MTV News about the guys and the canceled trek last week. “Not all is lost and I hope that the Jonas Brothers work it out,” she said. “I don’t really know exactly what went down, but I know that everyone’s kind of at odds. So I hope that they work it out because I think they’re very talented.”