We’re gonna miss these kids.
Yes, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1″ doesn’t come out for another day, and “Part 2″ will be coming down the line next year. But we’re already starting to get nostalgic about those wizards and witches — folks we’ve come to know well over the past decade and who entertain us on and off the big screen.
At least we’ve been able to spend a lot of time with Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and their pals over the past year as they finished off the “Deathly Hallows” shoot and embarked on an international media tour. They’ve joked and laughed with us. They’ve opened up about the prospects of leaving behind a franchise that has been all-consuming for the past 10 years. They’ve even practiced their American accents with us.
Of all our chats with the actors, though, a few lines were especially memorable. Check out our 10 favorite quotes from the “Deathly Hallows” cast.
10. “They came up and said, ‘How are you feeling? How are you doing?’ And I couldn’t find any words, and I just said, ‘I just want you to know, I’ve had a really nice time.’ And it was such a young, quite innocent, sweet thing to say, that I kind of caught myself off-guard. That was the moment when I suddenly had a lump in my throat and was like, ‘OK, I’m really going to have to struggle to keep it together on the last shot,’ which was a stunt, very simple, just jumping and rolling onto a map.” — Daniel Radcliffe on his final day of shooting on the franchise
9. “I like my teeth. I had fake teeth. It’s a beauty tip: Use fake teeth. The [teeth] plumped up my upper lip, which makes you look younger. It’s like having collagen without having collagen because it makes the lip fuller. Always get false teeth.” — Helena Bonham Carter on her character’s makeup effects
8. “I drove it down on the last day and served ice cream to everyone. I haven’t quite perfected the technique. It kind of came out in a jet.” — Rupert Grint on the ice cream truck he rented to serve the cast and crew on the final day of production
7. “For nearly two months, we’ve all been doing prosthetic tests and all sorts of preparation for the epilogue. I’ve been having some aging training. You’ve got to walk differently. There’s a slump in your walk. … It’s bizarre. We have a lovely guy who comes in. It was a little weird the first time — imagine you’ve got weights on your arms! There have been a number of times where I nearly laughed and I had to hold it in.” — Tom Felton on preparing for the “Deathly Hallows” epilogue scene
6. “I was worried on a personal level because I wanted to be slightly taller than I am, ideally. But I’ve now accepted it. Basically, I came to the conclusion a while ago that you can either be really bitter about it or you can make loads of funny jokes.” — Daniel Radcliffe on accepting the fact that he’s short
5. “You have to embrace the totality of his evilness. He’s like the devil.” — Ralph Fiennes on playing Voldemort
4. “Basically, it amounted to the fact that she felt I had been very good in this ‘Harry Potter’ film, and as a reward for that, she wasn’t going to make any more ‘Harry Potter’ [books].” — Daniel Radcliffe on a text message he received from J.K. Rowling
3. “I would have been public enemy #1, I think, if I hadn’t continued. I did think about that.” — Emma Watson on once considering quitting the franchise
2. “You know why I retweeted it, because you know that’s the only list you’ll ever see where I’m ahead of Robert Pattinson for something to do with sexiness, which is completely untrue and unfathomable, but I will take it in great stead.” — Tom Felton on winning Hollywood Crush’s Top 10 “Harry Potter” Hotties competition
1. “I don’t know, take it off?” — Emma Watson on how she can convince 100 percent of fans to approve of her red carpet dress
Check out everything we’ve got on “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.”
For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.