Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Scraps Plan To Shoot Video This Week

Source tells UsMagazine.com that the singer is not ready to go back to work after October's tragic murders.

Last week, [artist id="2481017"]Jennifer Hudson[/artist]'s label confirmed that the singer would work on her first music video since the [article id="1598012"]murders of her mother, brother and nephew[/article] in October. Over the weekend, however, reports surfaced that Hudson is not quite ready to get back to work.

[article id="1601011"]Hudson's shoot for "If It Isn't Love"[/article] in Los Angeles was scheduled months before the murders, but a source told UsMagazine.com that Hudson, 27, who has been on hiatus since the tragedy, won't be filming it this week after all.

"The video was set up before the tragedy, and she felt like she should finish what she started, but she's realized that she's not ready to go back to work. It's too early," a source told the site.

But another unidentified personal spokesperson for Hudson said that the plans for the shoot were never set in stone. "The video shoot was never confirmed, so there was nothing to cancel," the spokesperson said. "[J Records' statement] was erroneous."

Hudson has been mostly off the radar since the murders, but she did release a statement last week calling her [article id="1600799"]four Grammy nominations[/article] "truly a blessing. ... I'm extremely honored and humbled by the nominations."

MTV News could not reach Hudson's personal publicist or label spokesperson for comment at press time.

Hudson's ex-brother-in-law, [article id="1600538"]William Balfour, was officially charged[/article] with the murders on December 2 and is currently in jail awaiting trial. According to People.com, police say Balfour was motivated by jealousy after allegedly visiting his estranged wife, Hudson's sister Julia, and seeing a birthday gift he believed was given to her by another man.