If you're a fan of long underwear, busbies, epaulets, girls with fake moustaches and papier-mâiché fish, well, then the new Panic at the Disco video is probably gonna be like porn for you.
Because all of those things are featured heavily in the clip for [article id="1576549"]"Nine in the Afternoon,"[/article] the first single from Panic's upcoming album, [article id="1576549"]Pretty. Odd.[/article] The video also involves a whole lot of guys in crow costumes, alarm clocks, golden elephants and gratuitous amounts of gold-cart hijinks as well. So, really, there's something for everyone.
Want to see it for yourself? Lucky for you, we've got a sneak peek, and while you're watching it, make sure you have a listen to an exclusive clip of the song, too. You have no idea the level of Fort Knox-ian security we've had to go through to get all this for you.
So while you're enjoying the exclusives, perhaps you're asking yourself, "Wow, girls in moustaches? What's the symbolism there?" Well, here's what the band has to say about it all:
"They're dressed that way because ... well, we told them to," frontman Brendon Urie recently laughed to MTV News. "And I don't know why we told them to, we just did."
OK then! And even though the clip for "Nine" looks like an eyeful, there's also a whole bunch of stuff that happened that you won't see, like Urie and drummer Spencer Smith clinging to the back of a golf cart while being chased by an army of screaming girls inexplicably dressed as medieval wenches. Or the bandmembers standing like figurines in the window of the Pretty.Odd. emporium. Or them leading a rather bizarre parade full of strongmen, guys in zebra masks, and girls in rubber boots and sundresses. It's all pretty amazing, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
And if you're digging the song, well, then you should probably know that "Nine" will ship to radio — and hit the band's MySpace page — at 9 p.m. on Monday. The track will be available for purchase through online retailers the following day.
And furthermore, if you like it all, well, then you should probably know that the dates have been announced for the 2008 Honda Civic Tour, which Panic will headline and Motion City Soundtrack, the Hush Sound and Phantom Planet will open. A pre-sale begins Wednesday though the tour's site, HondaCivicTour.com. Anyway, here's the full list of dates:
· 4/10 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
· 4/12 - San Diego, CA @ Soma
· 4/13 - Phoenix, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre
· 4/15 - Tulsa, OK @ The Brady Theater
· 4/17 - Ruston, LA @ Thomas Assembly Center at Louisiana Tech University
· 4/18 - Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom
· 4/19 - Austin, TX @ Stubb's
· 4/20 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
· 4/22 - Clearwater, FL @ Ruth Eckerd Hall
· 4/23 - Miami Beach, FL @ The Jackie Gleason Theater
· 4/24 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues Orlando
· 4/26 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
· 4/29 - North Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues Myrtle Beach
· 4/30 - Washington, DC @ Daughters of the American Revolution Constitution Hall
· 5/2 - Orono, ME @ Harold Alfond Arena at the University of Maine
· 5/3 - Troy, NY @ Houston Field House at the Rensselear Polytechnic Institute
· 5/6 - Rochester, NY @ Gordon Field House at the Rochester Institute of Technology
· 5/7 - New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
· 5/9 - Philadelphia, PA @ Festival Pier at Penn's Landing
· 5/10 - Wallingford, CT @ Chevrolet Theater
· 5/11 - Boston, MA @ Bank of America Pavilion
· 5/13 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
· 5/14 - Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
· 5/16 - Cleveland, OH @ Tower City Amphitheatre
· 5/17 - Columbus, OH @ PromoWest-Outdoor (LC Pavilion)
· 5/18 - Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room at the Murat Centre
· 5/20 - Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
· 5/23 - Chicago, IL @ The Congress Theater
· 5/23 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Eagles Ballroom
» 5/27 - Minneapolis, MN @ Myth
· 5/30 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
· 5/31 - Council Bluffs, IA @ Westfair Amphitheatre
· 6/1 - Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
· 6/3 - Denver, CO @ The Fillmore Auditorium
· 6/4 - Salt Lake City, UT @ The Great Saltair
· 6/6 - Vancouver, BC @ PNE Forum
· 6/7 - Seattle, WA @ The Paramount
· 6/8 - Portland, OR @ Portland Metropolitan Exposition Center
· 6/13 - Las Vegas, NV @ Pearl at the MGM Grand
· 6/14 - Anaheim, CA @ The Theater at the Honda Center