Christina Aguilera has yet to kick off her first tour to support Back to Basics, but she's already lined up her second one. The singer is heading out later this year to tour Europe, and when she gets back, she's got an arena tour in place for North America.
The 41-date North American jaunt kicks off February 20 in Houston, and wraps May 5 in Sunrise, Florida. Tickets for select stops in other markets — Dallas; San Diego; San Jose, California; St. Paul, Minnesota; Boston; Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; Columbus, Ohio; Rosemont, Illinois; Providence, Rhode Island; and Baltimore — go on sale Saturday.
Aguilera is already old friends with one of her opening acts, the Pussycat Dolls — she served as one of their guests when they were still performing as the Pussycat Doll Revue in Los Angeles. Danity Kane will also help warm up the shows, except for the Canadian dates, which the Diddy-built girl group will sit out.
Meanwhile, Aguilera will warm up for the U.S. and Canadian dates by performing her first European tour since 2003 starting November 17 (see [article id="1540564"]"Christina Aguilera Reveals European Tour — Next Up, U.S. Clubs"[/article]).
Still to come is a proposed U.S. club tour, in which Aguilera would play legendary blues and jazz joints. While her arena tour set list is likely to be heavy on the 20 tracks from her double album, she's planning something a little different for the club tour. "We're definitely going to mix it up, change it up, do some things that are not on the record, do some favorite classics of mine," Aguilera said. "We're really going to have fun and experiment with new ideas and interesting places to go to that have a throwback appeal and vibe."
Instead of working with the now defunct FansRule company, which is in the midst of arranging refunds for the singer's canceled 2004 tour (see [article id="1536125"]"Two Years Later, Aguilera Fans Finally Getting Their Due: A Refund"[/article]), Aguilera has partnered again with I Love All Access to offer fans VIP ticket packages.
Christina Aguilera's 2007 North American tour dates, according to her label:
- 2/20 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
- 2/21 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
- 2/23 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center Omaha
- 2/24 - Kansas City, MO @ Kemper Arena
- 2/26 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
- 2/28 - Glendale, AZ @ Glendale Arena
- 3/2 - San Diego, CA @ iPayOne Center at the Sports Arena
- 3/3 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Center
- 3/5 - Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
- 3/6 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
- 3/9 - Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena
- 3/10 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion at San Jose
- 3/12 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 3/14 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
- 3/15 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome
- 3/17 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
- 3/19 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
- 3/23 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 3/25 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 3/26 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place
- 3/28 - Montreal, QB @ Bell Centre
- 3/30 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
- 3/31 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall
- 4/2 - Washington, D.C. @ Verizon Center
- 4/3 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
- 4/5 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 4/7 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
- 4/9 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 4/11 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
- 4/13 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
- 4/14 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
- 4/20 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
- 4/21 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 4/24 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena
- 4/25 - Providence, RI @ Dunkin Donuts Civic Center
- 4/28 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Casino
- 4/28 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
- 5/1 - Raleigh, NC @ RBC Center
- 5/2 - Duluth, GA @ The Arena at Gwinnett Center
- 5/4 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
- 5/5 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center
[This story was originally published at 4:08 p.m. ET on 10.11.2006]