In September 1989, Mötley Crüe were introducing the country to Dr. Feelgood and Aerosmith were packing record stores with some extra Pump. This September, they’ll be bringing songs from that era and beyond to concert venues across North America.
That’s right: Two of rock’s hardest-livin’, hardest-rockin’ acts ever are hooking up for the colossal, 27-date Route of All Evil Tour.
The bands ended weeks of speculation and Internet rumor Tuesday afternoon (June 20) by announcing plans for their Evil run, scheduled to kick off September 14 in Holmdel, New Jersey. The trek will make stops at outdoor amphitheatres in Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Dallas, before grinding to a halt in West Palm Beach, Florida, November 24.
The first handful of Evil tickets goes on sale Saturday.
With both bands’ original lineups intact, the jaunt marks the first time these veteran bad boys have traveled the nation together.
Aerosmith — who are still supporting their live record from last year, Rockin’ the Joint — will plunge themselves headfirst into the audience during each night of the road trip. The band is erecting a 70-foot-long ramp that will extend from the stage into the middle of the arena, giving fans an up-close-and-personal experience.
Meanwhile, the Crüe — who’re coming off one of 2005′s most successful tours — promise to roll out monstrous new production and tons of additional pyrotechnics so that fans who caught their Carnival of Sins Tour can expect a completely new experience this time around (see “Motley Crue Back For Another Round In ’06″ ).
Here are the Route of All Evil Tour dates, according to Aerosmith and Crüe’s publicists:
- 9/14 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 9/19 – Wantagh, NY @ Nikon @ Jones Beach Theatre
- 9/23 – Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
- 9/26 – Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 9/30 – Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
- 10/5 – Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- 10/7 – East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
- 10/9 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
- 10/11 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
- 10/13 – Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 10/15 – Maryland Heights, MO @ UMB Bank Pavilion
- 10/17 – Bonner Springs, KS @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 10/19 – Antioch, TN @ Starwood Amphitheatre
- 10/21 – Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 10/23 – Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion & Walnut Creek
- 10/25 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 11/2 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 11/4 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
- 11/7 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- 11/9 – Chula Vista, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
- 11/11 – Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion of Glen Helen
- 11/13 – Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
- 11/15 – Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Centre
- 11/17 – Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 11/19 – The Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Pavilion
- 11/22 – Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheatre @ State Fairgrounds
- 11/24 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre