Kelly Clarkson is addicted. The past two years’ Breakaway pop star is supposed to be working on her third record (see “Kelly Clarkson Eyeing Black Eyed Peas For New Album” ), but she just can’t seem to stay off the road.
Clarkson announced Thursday (April 13) she will headline a 24-city amphitheater trek this summer aptly titled the Addicted Tour.
The singer, who also has a song called “Addicted,” will launch the outing June 30 in West Palm Beach, Florida, and wrap it up August 6 in Auburn, Washington, according to her spokesperson.
Along with treating fans to tunes from her previous albums — the latter of which, Breakaway, has sold 10 million copies worldwide — Clarkson will preview some new material.
Tickets go on sale April 22 with a select number of premium seats for each show going up for auction on Ticketmaster.com. For each ticket auctioned, $10 will go to the Komen Race for the Cure breast cancer initiative.
In August, Clarkson will return to the studio to finish her third record and continue to shoot for a late 2006 or early 2007 release.
Breakaway earned the inaugural “American Idol” winner two Grammys and has spent 71 weeks in the top 30 of the Billboard albums chart.
Kelly Clarkson tour dates, according to RCA Records:
- 6/30 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater
- 7/1 – Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheater
- 7/3 – Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion
- 7/4 – Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/6 – Bristow, VA @ Nissan
- 7/7 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/9 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Banks Arts Center
- 7/10 – Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
- 7/12 – Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheatre
- 7/15 – Hartford, CT @ New England Dodge Music Center
- 7/16 – Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 7/18 – Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
- 7/19 – Burgettstown, PA @ Post-Gazette Pavilion
- 7/21 – Bonner Springs, KS @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/22 – Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- 7/24 – Maryland Heights, MO @ UMB Bank Pavilion
- 7/25 – Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 7/28 – The Woodlands, TX @ C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
- 7/29 – Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 7/31 – Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
- 8/1 – Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- 8/3 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 8/4 – Marysville, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
- 8/6 – Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre