Now that they’re back, the Pixies just don’t want it to end. A year after they reunited, the band has scheduled a string of summer tour dates that will have them visiting a number of festivals and playing two-a-day shows in several cities.
The original four members of the group — singer/guitarist Frank Black, singer/bassist Kim Deal, guitarist Joey Santiago and drummer David Lovering — will launch the three-week run on May 26 in Portland, Oregon. The tour is currently scheduled to wrap up June 14 in Wantagh, New York, according to a group spokesperson.
In addition to appearances at the Sasquatch Festival, Atlanta’s Music Midtown Festival and the CMJ/Rock Hall Fest, the group will double up in a number of cities, playing an early and a late show.
Last year’s shows — the first since the group disbanded in 1992 — were received with universal acclaim, and fans salivated at the iTunes release of the new song “Bam Thwok,” but bandmembers have been elusive when asked if they intend to record a new album (see “New Pixies LP Unlikely, But Another New Track’s On The Way” ).
Pixies 2005 tour dates, according to a spokesperson:
- 5/26 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater (6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- 5/27 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater (6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- 5/28 – George, WA @ Sasquatch Music Festival
- 5/30 – San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield, (7:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.)
- 6/2 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern LG, (two shows, times TBA)
- 6/5 – Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 6/8 – Cleveland, OH @ CMJ/ Rock Hall Music Fest (7:30 p.m.)
- 6/8 – Cleveland, OH @ Scene Pavilion (9:00 p.m.)
- 6/11 – Atlanta, GA @ Music Midtown Festival
- 6/13 – Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
- 6/14 – Wantagh, NY @ Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach Theater