LOS ANGELES — Forget his dead-on depiction of Ray Charles — Jamie Foxx can roll his eyes in opposite directions, and for that he continued his streak of awards-show wins Saturday at the 18th annual Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.
Foxx didn’t win Favorite Movie Actor — that went to Adam Sandler for “50 First Dates” — in fact, Foxx wasn’t even nominated in that category. Instead, he won the new Favorite Celebrity Hidden Talent award, beating out Jessica Alba and her double-jointed thumb, among others.
No, this isn’t your everyday awards show, which might explain why Johnny Depp and Will Ferrell left covered in green slime, Justin Timberlake showed off his farting skills onstage and someone in a cow costume roamed the orange-carpet arrivals line outside UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion.
There was some standard award-giving, however, and two of the orange blimp trophies went to Usher for Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song (“Burn”).
After thanking the kids (a must at the fan-voted Kids’ Choice Awards), Usher shared some words of wisdom: “Brush your teeth, say your prayers and, um, eat your vitamins.”
Will Smith, who won Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie for “Shark Tale,” took a similar approach, using his time at the podium to share his secrets to life: running and reading. “When you’re running there’s a voice in your head that’s telling you to stop, and if you can get past that, you can do anything,” he said.
For the most part, though, there weren’t too many serious moments. Sandler, a staple at the show, accepted his award by starting a chant-along about “dog doo on his shoe,” Simple Plan shot green slime out of their instruments after performing “Shut Up,” and Cameron Diaz threw pies at host Ben Stiller.
On the orange carpet outside, Foxx and his daughter stopped Raven for a picture, Jimmy Fallon and Halle Berry chatted it up, and Good Charlotte stopped for an interview with Will Smith’s son, a special correspondent for “Access Hollywood.”
Other winners included Green Day, Avril Lavigne, Hilary Duff, Queen Latifah and “American Idol.”
Kids’ Choice Awards winners list:
- Favorite TV Show: “American Idol”
- Favorite TV Actor: Romeo (“Romeo!”)
- Favorite TV Actress: Raven-Symone (“That’s So Raven”)
- Favorite Cartoon: “SpongeBob SquarePants”
- Favorite Movie: “The Incredibles”
- Favorite Movie Actor: Adam Sandler (“50 First Dates”)
- Favorite Movie Actress: Hilary Duff (“A Cinderella Story”)
- Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie: Will Smith (“Shark Tale”)
- Favorite Music Group: Green Day
- Favorite Male Singer: Usher
- Favorite Female Singer: Avril Lavigne
- Favorite Song: “Burn” by Usher
- Favorite Athlete: Tony Hawk
- Favorite Book: “Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events”
- Favorite Video Game: “Shrek 2″
- Favorite Celebrity Hidden Talent: Jamie Foxx
- Wannabe Award: Queen Latifah