While R. Kelly awaits a judge's decision on the fate of his future tour plans, those looking for a little bedroom bump and grind in their city won't have to wait long — two of R&B's biggest, most seductive artists are joining forces for a nationwide tour.
Ginuwine and Jagged Edge are shacking up, so to speak, to bring their love crooning to fans across the country on a 17-city tour that starts February 13 in Cleveland and ends, after a six-week break, in Baltimore on May 2.
"I'm anxious to be back out on the road," headliner Ginuwine said when announcing the tour on Tuesday (January 13). "It's especially exciting to see all the top R&B acts together on the same bill. Let's just say I'm very happy."
Ginuwine released his fourth album, The Senior, last year, and this will be his first big tour supporting that album. Jagged Edge, meanwhile, will be shooting a video for a remix of their song "What's It Like" with Jermaine Dupri in Atlanta. The song is from their latest album, Hard.
Ginuwine tour dates, according to his spokesperson:
- 2/13 - Cleveland, OH @ State Theater
- 2/14 - Merrillville, IN @ Star Plaza Theatre
- 2/15 - Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre
- 2/19 - Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
- 2/21 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theatre
- 2/22 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre
- 2/26 - TBA
- 2/27 - Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theatre
- 2/28 - New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
- 2/29 - Westbury, NY @ Music Fair
- 3/4 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
- 3/6 - Houston, TX @ Houston Arena Theatre
- 3/7 - New Orleans, LA @ Saenger Theatre
- 4/29 - TBA
- 4/30 - Miami, FL @ Knight Center
- 5/1 - Atlanta, GA @ Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- 5/2 - Baltimore, MD @ Pier 6 Concert Pavilion