Police Arrest Second Suspect In Freaky Zeeky Shooting

Member of Cam'ron's Diplomats crew was shot last month in New York.

NEW YORK — Police have arrested a second suspect in connection with a shooting incident last month that injured Diplomats crew member Freaky Zeeky and killed his bodyguard, Eric Mangrum.

Herndon Williams, a 32-year-old from Brooklyn, was arrested Saturday on five felony charges in connection with the shooting: murder in the second degree, assault in the first degree, criminal possession of a weapon in the second and third degrees, and attempted robbery in the first degree.

Chauncey Dillon, a 29-year-old parolee, had previously been arrested in the case and charged with murder in the second degree (see "One Suspect Nabbed, One Still At Large In Connection With Rapper Shooting"), but a third suspect, John Mingo, remains at large and is believed to be armed and dangerous, police said. Mingo is also a suspect in a rape about six months ago and another shooting last month, in which he allegedly shot a deliveryman in the leg during a robbery. He has five prior arrests for burglary and robbery as well as weapons and drug possession.

Williams, Dillon and Mingo allegedly shot Freaky Zeeky (born Ezekiel Jiles) and Mangrum after their cars collided April 25 outside a Chelsea nightclub (see "Member Of Cam'ron's Diplomats Wounded In Deadly Shootout"). When the aspiring rapper and his bodyguard got out to assess the damage to their Jeep Cherokee, the suspects attempted to take Jiles' necklace, police said. During the struggle, the two groups traded punches until Mingo allegedly pulled out a .40-caliber handgun and Dillon allegedly pulled out a 9 mm gun.

Miles is accused of shooting Jiles, while Dillon is accused of shooting Mangrum. Police wouldn't elaborate on the role of Williams, who was picked out of a lineup by witnesses. A security camera on the scene also caught the attempted robbery and shooting on videotape.

Williams was remanded into custody pending a court appearance on Thursday, according to the Manhattan district attorney's office. If convicted, Williams could face a life sentence.