A couple months after serving up a video for "Escape" co-starring tennis superbabe Anna Kournikova, Enrique Iglesias will kickstart his North American tour.
The first show is set for March 11 at the Sears Theatre in Toronto. After a show in Montreal, Iglesias heads Stateside for 15 more performances. His American jaunt begins in Boston on March 13, and the last announced date of the tour is April 4 in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Iglesias is expected to highlight material from his latest disc, Escape, including the singles "Hero" and the title track as well as "Maybe" and "Don't Turn Off the Lights." He will also play showstoppers from his first English-language hit album, Enrique (1999), such as "Bailamos," "Rhythm Divine" and "I Have Always Loved You."
Iglesias' video for "Escape" (see "Enrique Iglesias Serves Up Anna Kournikova For Latest Video" is scheduled to premiere on "TRL" on Monday (January 28).
Escape's first single, "Hero," was released right before September 11 and became a source of comfort to many listeners in the wake of the tragedies (for a feature interview, see "Enrique Iglesias: The Great Escape").
Enrique Iglesias' tour, according to Interscope Records:
- 3/11 - Toronto, ON @ Sears Theatre
- 3/12 - Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre
- 3/13 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- 3/15 - Rochester, NY @ TBA
- 3/16 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall
- 3/17 - Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theatre
- 3/19 - Cleveland, OH @ Cleveland Music Hall
- 3/20 - Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre
- 3/22 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center
- 3/23 - Wallingford, CT @ ctnow.com Oakdale Theatre
- 3/25 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Benedum Center
- 3/26 - Rosemont, IL @ Rosemont Theatre
- 3/27 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
- 3/30 - Los Angeles, CA @ Shrine Auditorium
- 4/1 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theatre
- 4/2 - San Diego, CA @ TBA
- 4/4 - Grand Prairie, TX @ Next Stage at Grand Prairie