Doctors have given Stevie Nicks the OK to return to the road following a respiratory infection that lasted for more than a month, according to her publicist, who said the singer is "feeling much better."
The news follows eight canceled or postponed shows in a row and 13 total since July 24. The tour picks up Tuesday night in Virginia Beach, Virginia, after having missed concerts Friday in Minneapolis and Saturday in Indianapolis. Those shows will not be rescheduled, her publicist said.
Nicks has been ill with acute bronchitis, a condition that develops when the branches of the windpipe swell, leading to increased mucus production, which blocks the airways.
The singer is on the road in support of her most recent album, Trouble in Shangri-La, her first solo disc since 1993. Following the tour, which is scheduled to end October 10, Nicks plans to enter the studio with her Fleetwood Mac bandmates to work on her first album of all-new music with the group since 1990's Behind the Mask.
On December 6 she will take a break from the studio to stage her second annual benefit concert for the Arizona Heart Institute Foundation. The event will take place at Phoenix's America West Arena, and proceeds will support the organization's cardiovascular disease research and education programs.
Last year Nicks recruited Don Henley, Sheryl Crow, Chris Isaak and Fleetwood Mac bandmate Lindsey Buckingham to appear at the benefit. Although Nicks hasn't announced who will join her this year, a spokesperson for the foundation said everyone who performed last year has expressed interest in returning.
Tickets for the show will go on sale September 29 and are priced from $35 to $75. A select number of premium seats will go for $1,000 and include entrance to a post-concert party with Nicks.
Stevie Nicks' revised Trouble in Shangri-La tour itinerary, according to Nicks' Web site:
- 9/4 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater (rescheduled from 7/24)
- 9/5 - Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion @ Walnut Creek (rescheduled from 7/25)
- 9/7 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Charlotte (rescheduled from 7/27)
- 9/8 - Reading, PA @ Sovereign Center
- 9/10 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
- 9/12 - Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
- 9/14 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall
- 9/15 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Trump Taj Mahal
- 9/17 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheater
- 9/19 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post
- 9/22 - Atlanta, GA @ Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- 9/23 - Antioch, TN @ AmSouth Amphitheatre
- 9/25 - Estero, FL @ TECO Arena
- 9/26 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Mars Music Amphitheatre
- 9/30 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre (rescheduled from 8/14)
- 10/1 - Concord, CA @ Chronicle Pavilion @ Concord (rescheduled from 8/15)
- 10/3 - Chula Vista, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre (rescheduled from 8/24)
- 10/5 - Las Vegas, NV @ Aladdin Theatre
- 10/6 - Las Vegas, NV @ Aladdin Theatre (rescheduled from 8/25)
- 10/9 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre (rescheduled from 8/21)
- 10/10 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre (rescheduled from 8/22)
For a feature interview with Stevie Nicks, check out "Stevie Nicks: Gold Dust Woman Returns."