Along with the release of Amnesiac Tuesday (June 5) and a trippy new video on the air, Radiohead announced a dozen more summer U.S. tour dates.
Following seven previously announced shows between June 18 in The Woodlands, Texas, and June 30 in Santa Barbara, California, the British prog-rockers will kick off a second leg of the tour July 30 in Atlanta. They'll wrap things up August 20 at the Hollywood Bowl.
Amnesiac, the band's fifth full-length, sticks close to the ethereal, electronics-heavy sound of 2000's Kid A it was recorded during the same sessions but throws in a few traditional verse-chorus-verse pop songs alongside the more experimental sounds (see "Radiohead's Amnesiac Doesn't Forget About Kid A").
Radiohead have also released the first video from the album, the haunting "Pyramid Song," which is the album's first U.K. and European single. Created by U.K. animation house Shynola, the video is a colorful, dreamy computer-animated clip in which a cyborg scuba diver explores an undersea world in which skeletons and books float around a submerged car and house. The band is preparing a video treatment for the album's first U.S. single, "Knives Out," according to Radiohead's publicist.
The Beta Band, whose second album, Hotshots II, is due July 17, will open for Radiohead.
Radiohead tour dates, according to Capitol Records:
- 6/18 - The Woodlands, TX @ C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
- 6/20 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 6/23 - George, WA @ The Gorge
- 6/24 - Vancouver, BC @ Thunderbird Stadium
- 6/27 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 6/29-30 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Santa Barbara County Bowl
- 7/30 - Atlanta, GA @ TBA
- 8/1 - Chicago, IL @ Butler Field
- 8/3 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
- 8/5 - Montreal, QC @ Parc Des Illes
- 8/7 - Philadelphia, PA @ TBA
- 8/8 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
- 8/11-12 - Centreville, VA @ Bull Run Regional Park
- 8/14 - Boston, MA @ Suffolk Downs
- 8/16-17 - Jersey City, NJ @ Liberty State Park
- 8/20 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl