For the first time in eight years, the queen of pop is going on tour.
Madonna announced on Monday (April 16) the 18 dates of an international outing that will launch June 5 in Cologne, Germany, and end September 9 in Los Angeles.
Dubbed the Drowned World Tour, the trek will be the most extravagant stage spectacle of the singer's illustrious career, according to Madonna's spokesperson.
Madonna will be promoting last year's neo-cowgirl endeavor Music, which includes the title track and the current single, "What It Feels Like for a Girl", though organizers promise plenty of past hits, which range from the sugary pop of "Like a Virgin" to the dirty disco of "Ray of Light."
The tour will cross Europe before heading to the United States, where it will hit major venues such as New York's Madison Square Garden and Chicago's United
Madonna last toured on 1993's Girlie Show to support her controversial Erotica album.
Drowned World Tour dates, according to Madonna's spokesperson:
- 6/5 - Cologne, Germany @ Arena
- 6/9 - Barcelona, Spain @ Palau Sant Jordi
- 6/14 - Milan, Italy @ Fila Forum
- 6/19 - Berlin, Germany @ Max Schmeling-Halle
- 6/26 - Paris, France @ Palace Omnisports de Paris Bercy
- 7/4 - London, England @ Earls Court
- 7/21 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center
- 7/25 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 8/2 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 8/6 - Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
- 8/10 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center
- 8/14 - Miami, FL @ National Car Rental Center
- 8/19 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
- 8/25 - Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 8/28 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
- 9/1 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand
- 9/5 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
- 9/9 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center