In the wake of their sold-out acoustic U.S. dates in February, Sterephonics will plug in for a 12-show North American tour.
The tour opens in San Francisco on May 14, three days before the release of Stereophonics' third album, Just Enough Education to Perform. Originally planning to call the album J.E.E.P., the band changed the title after DaimlerChrysler, which owns the copyright for Jeep vehicles, refused to grant permission to the Welsh band.
Stereophonics also will host two A Day at the Races festival dates, also featuring the Black Crowes and Ash, on July 14 at Donnington Racetrack and July 21 and Chepstow Racecourse in the U.K., according to the band's publicist. Also in July, the band will open the first of five U2 European dates in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Stereophonics tour dates, according to Little Big Man:
- 5/14 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- 5/16 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Palace
- 5/17 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 5/18 - Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall
- 5/20 - Winnipeg, MB @ Le Rendez-Vous
- 5/22 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 5/23 - Toronto, ON @ The Warehouse
- 5/24 - Ottawa, ON @ TBA
- 5/26 - Boston, MA @ WBCN Radio Show
- 5/27 - Washington, DC @ WHFS Radio Show
- 5/29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
- 5/30 - New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom