Mudvayne, Cold and Taproot are among the bands joining previously announced headliner Disturbed on the second stage for Ozzfest 2001.
The Union Underground, Systematic, Drowning Pool, Nonpoint, American Head Charge, Beautiful Creatures, Hatebreed, Black Label Society and Pure Rubbish are also confirmed second-stage acts for the full run of the sixth annual metalfest, according to the tour's publicist. Otep, Godhead and Boy Hits Car will play half the tour.
With the entire second-stage lineup playing before the bands on the primary platform an Ozzfest first, as previous outings staggered the performances on both stages the opening artists will pave the way for the main-stage mayhem of Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Crazy Town and festival headliners Black Sabbath (see "Black Sabbath Will Headline Ozzfest").
Also new to Ozzfest, the spokesperson said, are general admission "Pit Passes" offered for a space replacing the first few rows of main-stage seating at selected venues, allowing fans to slam and surf to their hearts' content while their metal gods observe from the stage above.
Before the U.S. jaunt kicks off, many of the festival's bands will get to perfect their acts overseas, where a British version of Ozzfest is scheduled to take place on May 26. Set for the 50,000-capacity Milton Keynes Bowl, the U.K. Ozzfest 2001 will feature Black Sabbath, Slipknot, Tool and Papa Roach, among others.
Ozzfest 2001's partial itinerary, according to a tour spokesperson:
- 6/8 - Chicago, IL @ The World Amphitheater
- 6/9 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Amphitheater
- 6/16 - Somerset, WI @ Float-Rite Park
- 6/27 - Sacramento, CA @ Sacramento Valley Amphitheater
- 6/30 - San Bernardino, CA @ Blockbuster Pavilion
- 7/20 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
- 7/26 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Amphitheater
- 8/5 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Amphitheater
- 8/11 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/12 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center