Apparently taking the spirit of Christmas to heart, Destiny's Child members Beyoncé Knowles and Kelly Rowland quietly reached an amicable settlement last week with former members LeToya Luckett and LaTavia Roberson, who sued them in March after leaving the group.
In exchange for an undisclosed settlement, Luckett and Roberson will drop Rowland and Knowles from their lawsuit, according to lawyers on both sides of the case.
"LeToya and LaTavia have amicably resolved their differences with Beyoncé and Kelly," Randy Bowman, who represents Luckett and Roberson, said Tuesday (January 2).
In their lawsuit, Luckett and Roberson alleged that Rowland and Knowles had forced them out of the group and tried to ruin their careers, charges Rowland and Knowles had denied.
Luckett and Roberson are still pursuing the same lawsuit against Mathew Knowles, who is the group's manager, as well as Beyoncé's father.
The duo is asking for damages from Mathew Knowles for allegedly denying them money they were owed and acting abusively towards them, among other allegations. Knowles has sharply denied the charges and has said that he expects to prevail in court.
The current lineup of Destiny's Child includes Beyoncé, Rowland and Michelle Williams.
Another member, Farrah Franklin, who joined the group with Williams after the departure of Luckett and Roberson, left Destiny's Child in August.
Destiny's Child, who are working on their third album, intend to remain a trio. The group's current single, "Independent Women Part I," is at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
For more on the changing face of Destiny's Child, check out the MTV News feature "Destiny's Child: What's Their Destiny?"