The upcoming release of the Dee Snider-penned film "StrangeLand" and its accompanying soundtrack will be trumpeted by a tour featuring sets by Soulfly, Snot, HED (pe), and dayinthelife.
The film, written by and starring the former Twisted Sister frontman, will open on October 2, and the tour will kick off well before that visiting cities for a month before the film's release.
As we first reported earlier this month (see "Dee Snider Gets Help From Manson, Megadeth, Twisted Sister For 'StrangeLand' Soundtrack"), the film's soundtrack will feature tracks from Marilyn Manson, Megadeth, Pantera, Anthrax, Coal Chamber, Sevendust, and a reformed Twisted Sister, as well as the bands that will be heading out on the tour. The tour will kick off with what is being billed as a "StrangeLand extravaganza" on September 8 in Los Angeles with Snot, HED (pe), dayinthelife, Static X and other surprise guests. Snider himself will act as that
show's MC as he will on select dates on the tour.
Soulfly will join the bill when the tour resumes on September 22 in Minneapolis. If you'd like to check out the show, here's where to look:
- 9/8 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club (w/Static X in place of Soulfly)
- 9/22 - Minneapolis, MN @ Ground Zero
- 9/24 - St. Louis, MO @ Mississippi Nights
- 9/25 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater
- 9/26 - Detroit, MI @ State Theater
- 9/28 - Cleveland, OH @ Odeon
- 9/29 - Scranton, PA @ Tink's Hall
- 9/30 - Baltimore, MD @ TBA
- 10/1 - Norwalk, CT @ Globe Theater
- 10/2 - Portland, ME @ State Theater
- 10/3 - Providence, RI @ Lupos
- 10/4 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Theater
- 10/9 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theater