Sevendust's Lajon Witherspoon and Morgan Rose are expected to hook up with members of Sugar Ray, Incubus, System Of A Down, Disturbed, Soulfly, Coal Chamber, and other friends of Lynn Strait to shoot the first video from an upcoming tribute album devoted to the late Snot frontman.
Witherspoon and Rose will also be joined by members of Medication, Spineshank, Ultraspank, and Nothingface this weekend to shoot the clip for "Angel's Son" from the upcoming LP "Strait Up." As we previously reported, the album finds Strait's friends and colleagues putting lyrics and vocals to the songs he had planned to record with Snot before his death in 1998 (see "Korn's Davis, Limp's Durst, Others Line Up Studio Time For Snot Tribute"). Witherspoon penned the lyrics for "Angel's Son" and can be heard on the track.
Ozzy Osbourne, Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath, Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst, Korn's Jonathan Davis, Incubus' Brandon Boyd, Slipknot's
Corey Taylor, Soulfly's Max Cavalera, System Of A Down's Serj Tankian, Coal Chamber's Dez Fafara, (hed) pe's M.C.U.D., and RKL's Jason Sears also turn up on the album, which hits stores on November 7.
After releasing one album on Geffen Records in 1997 and greeting the masses on Ozzfest '98, Strait was killed in a six-car accident while driving from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles on December 12, 1998. At the time of Strait's death, Snot had already written nine songs for its next album. Surviving Snot members John "Tumor" Fahnestock, Mikey Doling, and Jamie Miller recorded the instrumental portions of those songs and then recruited a procession of hard-rock colleagues to write and record vocals.
When the results of those efforts hit stores on November 7, here's what fans will find:
- Ozzy Osbourne - interlude
- Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath featuring Whitfield Crane - "Reaching Out"
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst - "Forever"
- Korn's Jonathan Davis - "Take It Back"
- Soulfly's Max Cavalera - "Catch A Spirit"
- System Of A Down's Serj Tankian - "Starlit Eyes"
- Sevendust's Lajon Witherspoon - "Angel's Son"
- Coal Chamber's Dez Fafara - "Funeral Flights"
- (hed) pe's M.C.U.D. - "I Know Where You're At"
- RKL's Jason Sears - "Until Next Time"
- Incubus' Brandon Boyd - "Divided"
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor - "Requiem"