Semisonic, the hottest alterna-trio to come out of Minneapolis since Husker Du, will be in Los Angeles this week to shoot a video for "Closing Time," the first single off its new album, "Feeling Strangely Fine," which arrives in stores Tuesday.
After completing work on the video with director Chris Appelbaum, whose credits include The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' "The Impression That I Get," Luscious Jackson's "Under Your Skin" and Better Than Ezra's "Good," Semisonic will play a radio promo-show with Fuel and God Lives Underwater in New York City before heading out on a brief West Coast jaunt.
The group plans an extensive tour in the summer, but the dates announced so far are:
- 4/9 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 4/18 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox
- 4/19 - Portland, OR @ Barbati's Plan
- 4/22 - Los Angeles, CA @ Troubador
- 4/24 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
- 5/3 - Atlanta, GA @ Music Midtown Festival
- 5/16 - Washington, DC @ TBA
- 5/17 - Richmond, VA @