After meeting the people with stints on this summer’s Vans Warped Tour and a slot at Woodstock ’99, Sevendust is preparing to launch its own headlining tour next month.
The band, which delivered what many felt was one of Woodstock ’99’s breakthrough performances, has picked Powerman 5000, Staind, and Skunk Anansie to join them for a trek that begins on August 11 in Portland.
Sevendust will again be drumming up support for its upcoming album, “Home,” which hits stores on August 24, the same day the band plays New York City. As we reported earlier this year, the album will reveal the product of another recent pairing of the band with Skunk Anansie as that band’s lead singer, Skunk, lends vocals to the Sevendust track “Licking Cream” (see “Skunk Anansie Hooks Up With Rammstein, Soulfly, Sevendust On Upcoming Projects” ).
If you want to catch the one-two punch, here’s where to look:
- 8/11 – Portland, OR @ Roseland
- 8/12 – Reno, NV @ Rodeo Rock
- 8/13 – San Francisco, CA @ Maritime Hall
- 8/14 – Sacramento, CA @ Hornet Field
- 8/16 – Hollywood, CA @ Palace
- 8/17 – Las Vegas, NV @ House Of Blues
- 8/19 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 8/20 – Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
- 8/21 – Maryland Hgts., MO @ Riverport Amphitheatre
- 8/22 – St. Paul, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 8/27 – Hampton Beach, NH @ Casino Ballroom
- 9/3 – Rockford, IL @ On The Waterfront
- 9/11 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Virginia Beach Amphitheater