After they finish their opening stint with Powerman 5000 next month, the men of Static-X plan to rub elbows with fellow high tech rockers Pitchshifter as well as Brit pop phenom Robbie Williams... sort of.
Once Powerman 5000's "Rockets And Robots" tour wraps up in late March, Static-X will set its sights on what the band calls its "first real headlining tour" with Pitchshifter opening up.
"I'm a big fan of those guys," Static-X frontman Wayne Static told MTV News of its soon-to-be tourmates. "I met them when we were in Holland last year, and they were really cool, so I'm excited to have them out."
Static-X has yet to line up those dates, but we'll keep you posted.
Meanwhile, the group will also turn up alongside Robbie Williams on the soundtrack to the upcoming 20th Century Fox animated sci fi epic "Titan A.E." As we previously reported, Williams is currently working on a new track for the film (see [article id="1434762"]"Robbie Williams Gets Poetic
As New Album Shapes Up"[/article]), and Static-X will kick in an unreleased track called "Head" for the soundtrack as well.
"It's a song that we recorded originally for the record, and it was another one of those things where it didn¹t really fit with the record," Static explained. "But what we're going to do is sort of approach it from a remix standpoint. We're going to totally tear it down to each piece and put it back together to make it this cool, up-tempo breakbeat track."
Lately, the band has been in soundtrack overdrive, kicking in new songs for CDs from "Scream 3" and the upcoming "The Crow: Salvation." However, the band notes that they are intrigued at the chance to be a part of "Titan A.E."
[article id="1449341"]"They're saying that the film is either going to set the whole industry on its ear, or it's going to flop,"[/article] Static-X drummer Ken Jay said. [article id="1449341"]"I think it's going to be a very cool thing. I've actually
seen previews in the theater, and I think it looks amazing." [RealAudio][/article]
Before the soundtrack arrives and before launching its headlining road trip, Static-X still has to wrap up the "Rockets And Robots" tour with Powerman 5000 (along with Chevelle and Dope). Here's where to catch them:
- 2/22 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Metropol
- 2/23 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
- 2/25 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
- 2/26 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 2/27 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 2/28 - Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room
- 3/1 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 3/2 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave
- 3/3 - St. Paul, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 3/4 - Omaha, NE @ Sokol Auditorium
- 3/6 - Des Moines, IA @ Super Toad
- 3/7 - Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
- 3/10 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing
- 3/11 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House Of Blues
- 3/12 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Chili Pepper
- 3/14 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
- 3/15 - Birmingham, AL @ Five
Points Music Hall
- 3/16 - New Orleans, LA @ House Of Blues
- 3/18 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom
- 3/20 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 3/21 - Salt Lake City, UT @ SaltAir Pavilion
- 3/23 - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto
- 3/24 - Phoenix, AZ @ Celebrity Theatre